Monday, December 3, 2007

Get the Fuck Back Together, Idots: Snapcase

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hailing from the land of the Bills, Buffalo's Snapcase were a sight to behold live, but they also brought the rock while just listening to them in the car or something. I remember seeing them way back in the day when I thought I was punk-as-fuck and just being blown away. In fact, I have seen these cheeky bastards a few times, and they never disappointed... until they broke up. Now they disappoint me, and I'm pissed. So what does that mean? It's time for them to get the fuck back together, of course.

Filled with a raw power like no other, Snapcase brought gnarly hardcore that has proven to be pretty hard to match. Through such stellar releases as Progression Through Unlearning, Designs for Automation, and End Transmission, these rat bastards always managed to show that they were not run-of-mill in any context. Actually, they just showed that they were fucking awesome. I seriously can't even think of a shitty release by them. Even Lookinglasself wasn't all that bad. Well, maybe Bright Flashes was a bit of a disappointment, but I'll give them that one, because they rocked me so hard all those other releases and they are just humans, so they were probably just getting a little tired by that point.

But why go out on a merely decent release? I think they should get back together and make another kick-balls album that will shred my face off. Of course they will need to tour for this album as well. Sounds like a plan. I did hear that they played a few reunion shows in Buffalo and Brooklyn, but I am not in that area, so I want a reunion show out here in the Chi-tilla. And I want a "we're getting back together" announcement at said show. I'm holding my breath.

Snapcase - Coagulate

No comments: