Sunday, May 6, 2007

Found You, Asshole: Genghis Tron

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I found this three-piece on last.fm early today, and thought I would try and get the word out on them. They probably don't really need it, since they are signed to Relapse Records and probably have a pretty big following already, but I found them on the internet box, and that's what this section is all about. So anyway, even though they look like total nerds, GT brings an interesting mix of grind and electronics to the table, and this isn't really done in a normal cybergrind kind of way. It's set up more or less with the usual grindcore insanity and almost IDM-like breaks and interludes, although I do believe all drums are programmed. Pretty gnarly, if you ask me. They are also currently on a tour with The Red Chord, Through the Eyes of the Dead, and All Shall Perish. That's saying something, since all those bands will slay any listener. That's right, I said "slay." At any rate, try giving them a listen, but be warned: you might have a chubby all day afterward.

Official Site
Myspace

The standard issue live video of them performing "Laser Bitch":

No comments: