Sunday, May 13, 2007

Get the Fuck Back Together, Idiots: Apocalypse Hoboken



Even though Apocalypse Hoboken has been known to periodically get back together for a single show (their last being at the Abbey Pub on December 12, 2006, which was radical, by the way), the band is officially broken up, and that just plain sucks. Through a large number of releases, these chaps have made many a young punk rocker happy, myself included. Not only did AH bring killer music about all sorts of topics, they put on a very lively, and always interesting, live show. When I saw them last time, for example, Todd pulled my friend Kenny on stage and covered his face with lotion before pulling out a bag full of hair (we don't know where from) and pasting it on the poor kid's face in the shape of a beard. Oh, Todd, you're so fucking weird.

Anyway, this is a call out to this local punk rock outfit to get back together. I am sure the band reads this site all the time, so I know they'll get the message. Apocalypse Hoboken was one of my favorite bands when I was younger, and it just hurts so much to know they're gone.

Here they are playing that last show:

No comments: