Thursday, May 10, 2007

So Sick It Hurts: The Acacia Strain - "The Dead Walk"



Brutal. Simply brutal... Looking at pics of these guys, you wouldn't expect it, but this album brings a refreshing blend of churning intensity and massively aggresive vocals. They dropped their lineup from three guitars to two on this record (something which critics are divided on) but I honestly feel it just cuts down the fat, and creates a more raw slab of violence... Not only is it ridiculously heavy, but there are so many memorable one-liners sprinkled in the lyrics. Things like "If I were you, I'd pack my bags, and get the fuck out of Dodge", "And I need you like I need a fucking hole in my head", and "I don't mean any disrespect, but I hope you are buried alive" all become stand-out moments in the songs, and stick with you after their over. I have to admit, I sought out this band after seeing The Red Chord live, and Guy, the singer, was wearing one of their shirts... and I'm sure as hell glad I did, because they brought exactly what I was looking for -- an album that busts your head in like a hammer.

no shit... powerviolence.

The Acacia Strain - "4x4" (live)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always inspired by you, your opinion and way of thinking, again, appreciate for this nice post.

- Norman